Haunted History of John R. Drish House in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
The history of Dr. John R. Drish House, or simply Drish House, dates back to 1837 when it was built at the center of a 450-acre plantation in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Drish was a physician from Virginia and had settled down in Tuscaloosa in 1822, becoming one of the town’s earliest settler. Apart from his job as a physician, Drish was a prominent homebuilder Tuscaloosa, hiring many slave artisans for the plasterwork projects in town. In 1835, Drish married a wealthy widow, Sarah Owen Mckinney.